What is GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is an EU-wide regulation that controls how companies and organizations handle personal data. GDPR means that citizens of the EU and EEA now have greater control over their data and assurances that their information is being securely protected across Europe.
Migrationpro complies with the GDPR, meaning we care about our client’s personal information. This implies that we will protect and keep your personal information secure.
Quick summary of the updates.
Customer data security is one of our most important priorities. As every customer or website visitor, you have the following rights to:
- Know what kind of information Migrationpro collects and how it will be processed.
- Inquire why and at what stages of the cooperation personal data is collected.
- Agree or disagree on providing personal information on the very first interaction with the website/service.
- Request correction, amendment or extraction of their personal data.
- Ask to specify how Migrationpro secures the data you provide.
What data do we collect?
For a website visitor:
- Web request (e.g. date, time, etc.)
- IP address
- Browser type
- Browser language
- One or more cookies identifying the browser
For creating Migrationpro account:
For a person performing data migration:
- Source and Target Store URLs
- Type of Source and Target Shopping Cart Platform
- FTP/Cpanel access (required for particular platforms only)
- Admin account (required for particular platforms only)
Why does Migrationpro collect personal data?
Migrationpro is compliant with the GDPR. Our company has implemented all the necessary changes to the ways customers’ information is collected. We are committed to protecting your data when you use our website and ensuring that it is secure and transparent. So why do we collect your data?
- To perform quick, secure and accurate data migration.
- To send the important information about your migration, such as the results of data migration, price estimation and other relevant migration-related notifications.
How long is the data being saved?
From the moment you last interacted with our website, Migrationpro will keep your data for 30 days. Once this period has expired, we will delete your data.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies.
What kind of cookies do we use?
There are several different types of cookies. However, our website uses:
- Essential cookies are crucial to your experience of a website, enabling core features like user logins, account management, shopping carts, and payment processing.
- Performance cookies track how you use a website during your visit. Typically, this information is anonymous and aggregated, with information tracked across all site users.
- Functionality cookies are used to collect information about your device and any settings you may configure on the website you’ re visiting. With this information, websites can provide customized, enhanced, or optimized content and services.
- Targeting/advertising cookies help determine what promotional content is most relevant and appropriate to you and your interests. Websites may use them to deliver targeted advertising or limit the number of times you see an advertisement.
How is the data protected?
Migrationpro understands the importance of your personal data and protects it at the highest level. Migrationpro follows these data security policies:
- Server Security
- Data Security
- Data Access Security
- Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Payment Security
Read Migrationpro Data Security Policy to learn more.